Habitat for Humanity Sanford Area is currently seeking additional Donation Ambassadors to assist at the Habitat ReStore. Donation Ambassadors serve as the public face of Habitat to the thousands of residents who donate new and gently used items to the ReStore annually. Sales at the ReStore support affordable housing in Lee County.
Goal of the Job: Provide donors with a positive donation experience. Sort and prepare donations for the sales floor. Maintain the order and cleanliness of the receiving area.
• Ensure every donor receives timely, courteous service.
• Assist donors with unloading donations from vehicles.
• Sort and prepare donations for the sales floor.
• Assist in the pricing of merchandise.
• Assist in the unloading of ReStore trucks.
• Keep areas of responsibility clean and neat including proper disposal of trash & recycling.
• Assist donors or customers with general information or questions.
• Assist in the inventory, storage, and movement of donated and purchased products.
• Perform other duties as assigned with a sense of humor and team spirit.
Qualifications or special skills needed:
Understand Habitat for Humanity’s mission and values.
Maintain a neat appearance and positive representation of Habitat.
Demonstrate problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
Work well and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Establish, foster and maintain effective working relationships.
Able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, 75 pounds assisted.
Ability to bend down to pick up and move items as well as climb a ladder.
Must demonstrate safety awareness in vehicles and use of equipment.
High School Diploma or GED
Training provided: All employees will go through an orientation and training to learn necessary policies and procedures.
Click Here to Apply No phone calls, please!